Easily create science-based toolpaths – eliminate the need to use CAD geometry such as lines and arcs
Create Better, Safer Toolpaths – Much Faster
- Dramatically reduced programming time on complex parts
- Integrated in NX CAM - Associative toolpath design
- Easier on machine-tools – always smooth, flowing motion
- Increased tool life – eliminates over engagement and dwelling
- Predictable tool life – distributes wear evenly on inserts
- Reduced machining loads – material entry and exit is always smooth, circular, and tangential
A Powerful New solution for SIEMENS NX CAM
voluturn™ is a powerful new toolpath technology that can significantly improve the machining of any part that is turned using round inserts and offers manufacturers the ability to significantly increase productivity by reducing cycle times while also reducing wear on cutting tools. VoluTurn will also increase productivity for manufacturers by greatly reducing man-hours for programmers who are currently required to manually create toolpaths by using CAD geometry, such as lines and arcs, to drive cutting tools. VoluTurn is targeted at the types of parts most commonly associated with the power-generation industry, but will be equally effective in any industry that faces similar challenges related to complex toolpath creation and difficult-to-machine materials.
- Automatic collision avoidance, even with full holder assemblies
- Enhanced local return support – stop to check, index, or change inserts based on time, distance, or number of passes
- Efficient repositioning between cuts
- Unidirectional or bidirectional cutting patterns, with constant or variable depths, fully utilize the inserts while helping prevent notch formation
- Entry and exit arcs are automatically calculated for optimum performance and minimized insert wear
"VoluTurn cuts programming time by 50% or more"
Customer Review "From a programming perspective, VoluTurn has cut my roughing programming time by half (and that’s being conservative). It has allowed me to be more efficient at what I do while providing good quality operations to the shop floor the very first time. VoluTurn has given us confidence to tackle our toughest parts with ease and I can say confidently that since using VoluTurn in materials such as Rene’88 and Inco 718, we have not broken a single insert as a result of a ‘poor’ toolpath".